If you have been trying to reach out to clients, leads or other business owners and have been getting nothing but out of office replies, you are not alone. In my experience, August seems to be the time when most people are taking vacations and spending time away from work. This might seem frustrating to you and detrimental to your bottom line, however, I think you should look at it in a positive light.
August is the perfect time for you to go all in for your business. You have the time to work on those larger projects that you have been putting off or just didn't have time for. Go ahead and work your tail off, get yourself set up for the big wake-up in September and be the first to hit the ground running. Think about it. While everyone else was out by the pool, you put in the time and the effort and now your starting at the top and they are running to catch up.
What are some actual tasks you can work on during this time to set yourself and your business up with a great rest of the year?
1. Creat and launch a customer loyalty program that you can promote on social media and in email newsletters.
2. Send out direct mailers and email reminders to keep your business on the forefront of your customer’s mind.
3. Think about and plan holiday promotions that you can run during your busy season.
4. Hop on social media to maintain your social media accounts, do a set of #throwbackthursday posts.
5. Plan or Host classes or events for your community.
6. Work on improving your business’s SEO—take the time to research keywords for your business.
OR better yet, have Digital Lyft, Inc. take care of the SEO and Keyword research, and you work on items 1-5.
Whatever you plan to do, August is the best time to get to work when everyone else is away. Make plans and prepare to finish out the year with purpose.
Colleen is the owner of Digital Lyft, Inc., a website design company based in Brookfield, CT. Colleen works with businesses to build, develop and maintain highly optimized websites that fit any budget. When shes not programming, the professionally trained chef can be found in the kitchen, whipping up treats for her family.
August is the Month to Go All In | Aug 1
What You Can Outsource as a Small Business Owner | Jul 24
Why Does Your Small Business Need a Website Anyway | Jul 16
6 Things You Can Do To Make Sure Your Website Is Successful | Jul 15
How Do You Know if You Need a New Business Website | Jul 14
Get Personal | Jun 12
Borrow Trust | Jun 11
Make Your Content Look Great | Jun 10
Make Your Content Sharable | Jun 9