If your information or website is not being shared, engaged with or seen by people- you are wasting your time and money. So how do you get people to share your post, content or website? Your content needs to fill a need, touch someone personally or give a reward of some kind.
Here are some ideas of what you can do to get those shares:
1. Make it easy: Add social share buttons to your website and posts. The easier it is, the more likely someone will do it.
2. Make it funny: There is a reason why jokes are passed along by email or on social media as memes. People want to laugh and share those laughs. So laugh along with them.
3. Ask questions: People like to give their opinions and share their knowledge. Let them share with you and others, they are more likely to pass along something they contributed to.
4. Add images: Humans are visual. They will scroll until something catches their eye. Add bonus- people are more likely to stop and look at a picture of someone’s face then an inanimate object.
5. Leverage reviews: Share those 5 star reviews, reach out to the person who wrote it and ask if they would mind sharing with their friends and family.
Most importantly, be remarkable and stand out. Find what makes you special or unique and use that to your advantage. Be on the lookout of more tangible actions you can take towards growing your brand and capturing your portion of customer mindshare!
Based on the best selling book by Schaefer, Mark (2015-03-11). The Content Code: Six essential strategies to ignite your content, your marketing, and your business.
August is the Month to Go All In | Aug 1
Get Personal | Jun 12
Borrow Trust | Jun 11
Make Your Content Look Great | Jun 10
Make Your Content Sharable | Jun 9