How many hours do you work everyday? If you are a small business owner like me, you might say too many. But really, let's say you work 12 hours a day. Are you being paid for all 12 hours? Not likely. How can you free up time to do tasks that make you money? Outsource. Pay someone else to do the tasks that are keeping you busy instead of profitable. Here are a list of 8 things a small business owner could outsource to save time and make money:
1. Finances: Get yourself an accountant or accounting service, at the very least a bookkeeper. Spend your time making money, not managing it. There are so many laws and rules that you might not know and do not have time to learn. Letting a professional handel your money is quicker and possibly more legal. Along with finances, you can include payroll and taxes.
2. Email: How many emails do you get a day? And how many of those do you actually need to answer? Only about 5% of emails require follow-up action, so why waste your time sifting through the rest. Train an associate or virtual assistant to go though your inbox each day and tag you in the messages that need your attention and archive those that do not. Easy as that!
3. Office Cleaning: In every town and city there are multiple companies that clean offices for reasonable and affordable prices. Along with freeing up some of your time, a clean workspace helps you to concentrate more and focus on your work instead of the cobwebs in the corner.
4. Handy Work: Light bulb need replacing, a fan that makes a strange noise and a leaky sink drain, sure you could tinker around and try to fix these items, but that is not making you money. Hire a local handy man or hire a property management company to preform repairs and maintenance on your office and property.
5. Food: Do you eat out for breakfast, lunch or dinner? How much time to spend driving, standing in line and ordering meals each day? Take advantage of meal delivery services, fresh grocery delivery and restaurants that offer take-out. have the food come to you instead of you going to the food.
6. IT Issues: Next time your wireless internet goes down or your email stops working or your printer get jammed, instead of playing MacGyver, call an IT Service. Even better would be to have an IT Service contact for scheduled maintenance and emergency services.
7. Social Media and Marketing: Dont waste time and money trying to write and deploy your own social media or marketing campaigns. Marketers have tools and systems that allow them to get the most return on your investment, why try and reinvent the wheel on your precious time?
8. Website Maintenance: You have a website, hooray! Now you need to maintain it, add content, update images and keep it up to date. You dont have time to learn how to use a content management tool, none the less, actually use it to update your website regularly. Luckily for you, Digital Lyft, Inc. offers websites that require no work on your part. No tools to use or learn, just shoot us an email and we make all the updates for you.
Contact Us today to find out how we can help free up your time and maintain your website for you.
August is the Month to Go All In | Aug 1
Get Personal | Jun 12
Borrow Trust | Jun 11
Make Your Content Look Great | Jun 10
Make Your Content Sharable | Jun 9